Child Sponsorship

Canadian citizens and permanent residents who have dependent or adopted children living abroad can sponsor them to come to Canada under the Family Class Sponsorship programme.

Is it Possible for Me to Sponsor My Child
To sponsor your child's immigration to Canada, you must first:

  • be 18 years of age or older;
  • be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident living in Canada, intending to return to Canada, or a person registered under the Indian Act of Canada;
  • be able to provide for your basic needs and those of your dependent children, as well as your spouse, if applicable;
  • be able to establish your relationship to your child;
  • not have a criminal record; not be incarcerated, charged with a serious offence, or bankrupt;
  • not be in default.

Is My Child Sponsorship Eligible
To qualify for sponsorship, children must meet the criteria of a dependent, which includes the following:

  • under the age of 22 and are the biological or adoptive child of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
  • are not married or in a common-law relationship.



Book a Consultant



Check your eligibility for FREE.