Your PR card serves as formal documentation of your status as a permanent resident of Canada. This card is required to enter and remain in Canada while returning in a commercial vehicle from another nation (bus, boat or plane).
If you are travelling to the United States and intend to return in a private vehicle (a private automobile), you may be able to enter Canada using your Record of Landing or Confirmation of Permanent Residence. However, if your PR card is about to expire while you are overseas, it is smart to renew it prior to departing Canada.

Here are some of the most common reasons for PR card renewal:

• your card has expired or will expire in less than 9 months
• your card is lost, stolen, or destroyed
• you didn't receive your card within 180 days of immigrating to Canada
• you need to update your card
• you legally change your name
• you need to change your citizenship
• you need to change your gender designation
• you need to correct your date of birth



Book a Consultant



Check your eligibility for FREE.