Open work permit

An Open Work Permit (OWP) enables a foreign national to work in ANY job in Canada without limitation. An OWP holder is not required to get an LMIA or employment confirmation initially. Once an OWP is obtained, the bearer is eligible to apply for and work in any job/occupation in Canada.

Foreign nationals who are qualified for an Open Work permit include the following:

• Sponsorship of a spouse/common-law partner for Permanent Residence through an Inland Spousal Application
• A Temporary Foreign Worker's spouse/common-law partner
• International Students' spouses/common-law partners studying in Canada
• International students who have just graduated from a Canadian post-secondary institution and are qualified to apply for a Post-Graduation Open Work Permit can do so.
• Candidates with International Experience Canada (IEC) (Working Holiday)



Book a Consultant



Check your eligibility for FREE.