Canadian Experience Class

The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is one of three federal Express Entry-managed skilled worker immigration programmes in Canada. The CEC is created specifically for permanent residents who have Canadian work experience earned through a temporary work permit. Because temporary foreign employees are likely already integrated into Canadian society and have established support networks, they can easily convert to permanent residence and citizenship. The CEC lays out a roadmap for them to follow in order to achieve this aim.

Minimum Requirements
You must meet the following:
• You must be admissible to Canada
• Have a minimum of 12 months full-time Experience or an equal amount in part time skilled work experience in Canada three years before you apply.
• Have gained experience in Canada with proper authorization.
• Meet the required language levels required for your job
• Plan to live outside of Quebec

Skilled work experience
You must have Canadian skilled work experience within three years of applying. The National Occupational Classification (NOC) sets the guidelines for skilled work experience. NOC defies skilled work experience as:
• Managerial jobs (NOC skill level 0)
• Professional jobs (NOC skill type A)
• Skilled trades and Technical jobs (NOC skill type B)

There is a minimum requirement of 12 months full time (30 hours of paid work per week) work or an equal amount in part-time hours.
Full time work: 30 hours/week for 12 months=1 year full time (1,560hours)
Part time: 15 hours/week for 24 months =1 year full time (1,560 hours)
30 hours/week for 12 months at more than one job =1 year full time (1,560 hours).
It is important for you to show that you did all the essential duties and most of the main duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the NOC. If you do not show this your application will not be accepted.

You will be tested on your ability in the English or French language. There are four areas you will be tested on: reading, writing, listening, and speaking. You must show that you meet the language requirements by including your test results in your Express Entry profile. Your test results must 2 years old or less on the day you apply for Permanent Residence. If your test results are older than 2 years old, you must take another test. You must:
• You must meet the minimum level of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 5 for NOC B jobs or the minimum language level of Canadian Language Benchmark 7 for NOC 0, and
• Take a language test approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).
There is no set educational requirement for the Canadian Experience Class. In order to earn points for your education under Express Entry you need:
• A Canadian High school or post-secondary certificate, diploma, or degree,
Book a consultation with a professional immigration consultant to find out if you're eligible to apply for a CEC under Express Entry or a bridging open work permit.



Book a Consultant



Check your eligibility for FREE.