Spouse or Common-Law Partner Sponsorship

If you are married or in a common-law or conjugal relationship, your spouse may sponsor you under the Inland Spousal Sponsorship or the Outland Spousal Sponsorship, depending on whether you are currently resident in Canada or not.
The primary concern is establishing the relationship's or marriage's genuineness. The applicant bears the burden of evidence, and it must be proven beyond a reasonable doubt that the connection is real.

There are two sorts of Spouse and Common-Law Sponsorship applications.
• Sponsorship of an Outland Spouse: Your application will be processed by the visa office of the sponsored spouse's country of citizenship or legal residence (if outside Canada). If you live in Canada with your Spouse/Common-law partner, you may still apply under this category. Applying under this category enables you to appeal a denial. You will lose your appeal rights if you file an Inland Spousal Application.
• Inland Spousal Sponsorship (Spouse or Common-Law Spouse in Canada category): your application will be completed in Canada, and you and your sponsor MUST cohabitate. The sponsoring individual MUST be in Canada on a temporary basis as a worker, student, or guest. Sponsored individuals may be eligible for an Open Work Permit.

To qualify as a Sponsor
• You must be a Citizen of Canada or a Permanent Resident of Canada (living in Canada)
• You must be at least 18 years old.
• You cannot be incarcerated, insolvent, subject to a restraining order (if a permanent resident), or accused with a major crime.
• You cannot have been sponsored to come to Canada as a spouse in the past five years.



Book a Consultant



Check your eligibility for FREE.